Operator and chef at San Antonio’s Pharm Desk, Elizabeth Johnson doubles this recipe when she entertains or demands to put together an eye-catching, crowd-pleasing entrée for a buffet.
“Every time I put together this dish, people question me for the recipe!” Johnson says. She prefers to serve it at space temperature, which will allow the sweet, sour and briny complexity to appear by way of.
Hen Marbella with Grapefruit
- 6 contemporary bay leaves
- 6 big garlic cloves, pressed with facet of chef’s knife into a paste
- 2 saffron threads
- 1 preserved lemon, quartered and white pith eliminated
- ½ massive onion, slice in 50 % and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted dried plums or dates
- ¼ cup capers, with some reserved brine
- ¼ cup excess virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Spanish inexperienced olives with pits
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano, ideally Mediterranean
- 2 Tbsp refreshing lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp purple wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp freshly floor black pepper
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 6 bone-in hen breasts and/or substantial chicken thighs, skin taken out
- ½ cup packed dim brown sugar or dim honey
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 offer (10 ounces) couscous
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped clean parsley leaves
- 2 pink or purple grapefruit
In roasting pan, insert all marinade substances and stir right up until well put together. Include chicken and toss to coat. Protect and refrigerate at least 6 several hours or up to 12 several hours.
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Sprinkle chicken with brown sugar and drizzle with wine bake 50 minutes, basting rooster often with pan juices. Make it possible for rooster to awesome in its pan juices at least 1 hour or right until it reaches home temperature.
In the meantime, slash ends off grapefruit stand grapefruit on reducing board and minimize off peel and white pith. Slice grapefruit crosswise clear away any seeds if essential. Put together couscous as label directs. Arrange hen over mattress of couscous generously major rooster with sauce in pan and garnish with grapefruit. Sprinkle with parsley to provide.